Want to end your special romantic evening on a sweet note? Looking ideas for classic French dessert for a romantic date? Their elegant presentations and decadent flavors will have you and your sweetheart swooning.
In this post, we’ll highlight 150 of the most romantic French desserts to share with your amour. From airy soufflés to fruit-topped crepes, you’ll find plenty of inspiration to indulge in a little slice of Parisian romance.
So cozy up at your favorite cafe or prepare a dessert tasting at home. It’s time to fall in love all over again with these 50 delightful French dessert ideas! Bon appétit!
French Dessert For a Romantic Date Table Of Content
Light and Airy Soufflés
- Classic Chocolate Soufflé – Oozy, rich chocolate in a pillowy cloud.
- Lemon Soufflé – Pucker up to bright citrus meringue.
- Grand Marnier Soufflé- Orange liqueur infused decadence.
- Pistachio Soufflé – Subtly sweet with nutty flavor.
- Raspberry Soufflé – Sweet, tart berry goodness.
- Crème Brûlée Soufflé – Rich crème brûlée in soufflé form.
- Coffee Soufflé – For the caffeine addicts.
- Strawberry Soufflé – Juicy, summery fruit flavor.
Creamy Crème Brûlées
- Classic Vanilla Crème Brûlée – Velvety custard with burnt sugar crust.
- Chocolate Crème Brûlée – For the chocolate purist.
- Lavender Crème Brûlée – Soothing floral flavor.
- Earl Grey Crème Brûlée – Tea flavored custard.
- Salted Caramel Crème Brûlée – Sweet and salty perfection.
- Orange Crème Brûlée – Zesty citrus custard.
- Espresso Crème Brûlée – Coffee topped custard.
- Rose Crème Brûlée – Sweet floral custard.
- Crème Caramel – Smooth vanilla custard with melty caramel.
- Chocolate Pots de Crème – Rich individual chocolate custards.
- Maple Pots de Crème – With a subtle maple syrup kiss.
- Butterscotch Pots de Crème – Buttery, rich caramel pudding.
- Coconut Pots de Crème – Island escape in custard form.
- Clafoutis – Baked cherry custard with powdered sugar.
- Île Flottante – Soft cooked meringues in crème anglaise.
- Blood Orange Custard – Stunningly hued citrus custard.
- Rice Pudding – Creamy vanilla laced rice baked to perfection.
- Chocolate Pudding – Rich chocolate pudding topped with whipped cream.
- Banana Pudding – Classic Southern comfort food.
- Bread and Butter Pudding – Boozy bread pudding with raisins.
- Lemon Pudding – Tangy, refreshing citrus pudding.
- Rhubarb Crumble – Sweet stewed rhubarb with an oat crumble.
- Crème Renversée – Silky vanilla custard swimming in caramel.
- Chia Seed Pudding – With coconut milk and sliced mango.
Divine Chilled Desserts
- Panna Cotta – Creamy chilled Italian custard.
- Bavarian Cream – Whipped cream studded with fruit.
- Blancmange – Sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and vanilla.
- Lemon Granita – Refreshing lemony Italian ice.
- Cassata – Layered sponge cake with sweet ricotta filling.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse – Pureed strawberries folded into cream cheese mousse.
- Mixed Berry Trifle – Berries layered with sponge cake and pastry cream.
- Honey Roasted Figs – Drizzled with honey and served with mascarpone.
Delectable Fruit Desserts
- Grilled Peaches – Served with drizzled honey and toasted almonds.
- Poached Pears – Pears poached in sweet wine.
- Strawberries with Basil – Macerated strawberries served with mascarpone and basil.
- Broiled Grapefruit – Caramelized grapefruit with brown sugar crumble topping.
- Apple and Pear Crisp – Fall fruits baked under an oat topping.
- Baked Apples – Stuffed with nuts, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Peaches with Raspberry Coulis – Served with sweet raspberry sauce.
- Citrus Salad – Sliced citrus drizzled with spices and honey.
- Chocolate Soufflé – Oozy molten chocolate in a light soufflé.
- Chocolate Mousse – Rich, silky whipped chocolate mousse.
- Chocolate Lava Cakes – Mini cakes filled with oozing molten chocolate.
- White Chocolate Mousse – Creamy mousse made with sweet white chocolate.
- Chocolate Fondue – Dip berries, cake, pretzels!
- Chocolate Truffles – Dark chocolate ganache coated in cocoa.
- Chocolate Bomb– Paper thin crepes drizzled in chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate Pot de Crème – Ultra rich chocolate custard.
Sweet Crepes and Galettes
- Nutella and Banana Crepes – A match made in heaven.
- Lemon and Sugar Crepes – Bright citrus zest folded into delicate crepes.
- Dulce de Leche Crepes – With sweet caramel sauce.
- Brown Butter Almond Crepes – Nutty, buttery, browned butter flavor.
- Savory Ham and Cheese Crepes – Perfect for brunch.
- Strawberries and Cream Crepe Cake – Layers of crepes and vanilla cream with strawberries.
- Salted Caramel Crepes – For the salty and sweet tooth.
- Bananas Foster Crepes – Caramelized bananas flambéed in rum.
Macarons and Other Petite Treats
- Macarons – Crispy meringue cookies sandwiched with buttercream.
- Madeleines – Buttery petite sponge cakes often flavored with citrus.
- Financiers – Mini almond cakes loaded with brown butter.
- Tuiles – Thin delicate cookies rolled into cone shapes while warm.
- Palmiers – Flaky puff pastry baked into a pretty twist shape.
- Macaron Cake – Layers of macaron cookies and buttercream frosting.
- Cream Puffs – Baked choux pastry shells filled with vanilla pastry cream.
- Éclairs – Long filled choux pastries with chocolate ganache.
Plated Fruit Extravaganzas
- Pavlova – Crispy meringue base topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- Fruit Pizza – Pizza dough baked into a crust and layered with pastry cream and fruit.
- Peach Melba – Poached peach halves served with raspberry sauce over vanilla ice cream.
- Bananas Foster – Sautéed bananas flambéed in rum and served over vanilla ice cream.
- Citrus Salad – Sliced citrus drizzled with honey and spices.
- Strawberry Brûlée – Macerated strawberries with burnt sugar crust.
- Poached Figs – Served with mascarpone, honey, and pistachios.
- Berry Coulis – Sweet berry puree over pound cake.
Cheesecakes and Mousses
- Classic New York Cheesecake – Rich, smooth and delicious.
- Lemon Cheesecake – Puckering lemon cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
- Marjolaine – Layers of chocolate ganache, coffee buttercream, and nutty meringue.
- Matcha White Chocolate Cheesecake – For the green tea lover.
- Chocolate Mousse – Light chocolate mousse served in a martini glass.
- Lemon Curd – Tangy, creamy spread served with berries and meringue.
- Pumpkin Mousse – Layers of spiced pumpkin mousse and gingersnap crumbs.
- Strawberry Mousse – Sweet strawberry puree folded into fluffy mousse.
Creamy Ice Cream Desserts
- Profiteroles – Cream puffs filled with ice cream, drizzled in chocolate sauce.
- Baked Alaska – Sponge cake topped with ice cream and browned meringue.
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Your favorite ice cream sandwiched between cookies or cake.
- Nougat Glacé – Nougat ice cream studded with candied nuts.
- Coupe Glacée – A fancy glass filled with scoops of ice cream and topped with fruit.
- Floating Island – Poached meringues floating in crème anglaise.
- Coffee Granita – Sweetened espresso poured over milk and ice.
- Berries Romanoff – Fresh berries drizzled with liqueur over vanilla ice cream.
- Grand Marnier Soufflé – Decadent orange liqueur soufflé.
- Dark Chocolate Soufflé – For the chocolate addict. Rich, intense, and oozing.
- Caramel Soufflé – Buttery, salty, sweet soufflé with oozing caramel center.
- Raspberry White Chocolate Soufflé – White chocolate studded with raspberry.
- Cherry Soufflé – Sweet cherry flavor in fluffy soufflé form.
- Passionfruit Soufflé – Tropical, tart and creamy soufflé.
- Chocolate Orange Soufflé – Chocolate combined with fresh orange.
- Strawberry Soufflé – Sweet, juicy strawberry in soufflé form.
Crêpes, Waffles, and Pancakes
- Nutella Crêpes – Chocolate hazelnut spread in delicate crepes.
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes – Fluffy pancakes studded with lemon and ricotta.
- Bananas Foster Crêpes – Caramelized banana goodness.
- Chicken and Mushroom Crêpes – Savory crepes for dinner or brunch.
- Liege Waffles – Rich Belgian yeasted waffles loaded with pearl sugar.
- Overnight Waffles – Make the batter the night before for easy morning waffles.
- Dutch Baby – Popover baked until puffed and golden with fresh lemon and powdered sugar.
- Blintzes – Stuffed delicate crepes often with sweet cheese filling and fruit.
Tarts, Crumbles, and Pastries
- Fresh Fruit Tart – Sweet pastry cream in a tart shell topped with fresh fruit.
- Lemon Meringue Pie – Mile high meringue over tangy lemon curd.
- Caramelized Apple Tart – Thinly sliced apples baked with buttery caramel in a flaky crust.
- Pear Almond Tart – Sweet pears and almond frangipane in a flaky crust.
- Plum Crumble – Sweet plums baked under an oat streusel topping.
- Croissants – Flaky, buttery crescent-shaped pastries.
- Pain au Chocolat – Chocolate filled croissants.
- Apple Turnovers – Caramelized apples sealed in a flaky pastry.
Custards and Puddings
- Crème Caramel – Smooth vanilla custard with a layer of melty caramel.
- Bread and Butter Pudding – Cubes of bread baked in an eggy custard.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding – Rich date cake soaked in toffee sauce.
- Rice Pudding – Creamy rice baked with milk, sugar and vanilla. Top with cinnamon.
- Banana Pudding – Layers of vanilla wafers, banana slices, and creamy vanilla pudding.
- Chocolate Pots de Crème – Rich chocolate custards topped with whipped cream.
- Key Lime Pie – Refreshing key lime custard in a graham cracker crust.
- Crème Brûlée – Ultra creamy vanilla custard with a burnt sugar crust.
Petit Fours and French Candies
- Madeleines – Shell-shaped sponge cakes often flavored with lemon.
- Macarons – Crispy meringue cookies sandwiching buttercream.
- Marshmallows – Sweet vanilla bean marshmallow cubes.
- Pralines – Caramelized pecan patties rolled in powdered sugar.
- Nougat – Chewy candied nut bars often paired with fruit.
- Canelés – Rum flavored fluted custard cakes with a caramelized exterior.
- Palmiers – Flaky puff pastry twisted into a pretty shape and baked until golden.
- Truffles – Chocolate ganache balls rolled in cocoa powder or nuts.
Layer Cakes and Tortes
- Strawberry Shortcake – Layers of flaky biscuits with macerated strawberries and whipped cream.
- Opera Cake – Thin layers of almond sponge cake brushed with coffee syrup and filled with coffee buttercream.
- Carrot Cake – Spiced carrot cake layers filled with cream cheese frosting.
- Tiramisu – Espresso soaked ladyfingers layered with sweetened mascarpone.
- Princess Cake – Sponge cake layered with pastry cream and topped with green marzipan.
- Black Forest Cake – Rich chocolate cake layered with whipped cream and cherries.
- Napoleon – Layers of crisp puff pastry filled with vanilla pastry cream.
- Dobos Torte – Thin layers of sponge cake layered with chocolate buttercream.
Pastries, Cookies, and Breads
- Chouquettes – Sugar coated, hollow puff pastry balls.
- Madelines – Shell-shaped sponge cakes.
- Palets de Dames – Puffy sugar cookies sandwiched with jam.
- Éclairs – Long cream-filled choux pastries topped with chocolate.
- Tuiles – Thin delicate cookies rolled into cone shapes while warm.
- Financiers – Small rectangular almond cakes made with brown butter.
Now grab your sweetie and get ready to fall in love with French dessert! From airy and chocolatey to fruity and creamy, this list offers inspiration for a memorable romantic finale to your special soirée à deux. No passport required – just a healthy appetite for indulgence. What sweet will you be sharing?